FYI.. It appears most projects request no tabs be used and would prefer
the Sun coding conventions (some have exceptions where a project was
contributed in another style).

http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/CodingStandards
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/charter.html

I agree spaces are much easier to work with using various editors.

John

Jack Klebanoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
15-Apr-2005 11:43 AM
Please respond to
"Derby Development" <derby-dev@db.apache.org>

Derby Development <derby-dev@db.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Formatting patch

I vote for using spaces for indentation. There is no universally
accepted standard for tab width. If a file uses tabs then the
indentation looks off if your editor has a different tab width setting.
Things get really bad if a file is edited using different tab width
settings: then no tab width setting works correctly for the whole file.

Jack Klebanoff