David Van Couvering wrote:
I would agree...  I think the right thing to do would be to fix the code.

David

is that an offer?  :-)

 -jean

Jean T. Anderson (JIRA) wrote:

[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-296?page=comments#action_65717 ]
Jean T. Anderson commented on DERBY-296:

Regarding this:

During my work, I discovered that many of the messages could use some spellchecking, grammar checking, etc. Rather than document them this way, I corrected them. At some point a separate JIRA issue should be made, and someone should undertake the task of fixing the actual message strings to reflect the correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. used in this document.

I'm concerned users might be confused if the error message an application spits out does not exactly match the error message string documented in the Reference Manual.
I think this work shouldn't be committed until doc matches code (whether it involves changing the messages in this patch or modifying the code to match these).

Document
--------

        Key: DERBY-296
Attachments: derby296.zip

I've spent some time compiling a list of error messages for Derby, to expand on the error messages section currently in the Reference Manual. I am about ready to submit a candidate patch, and I am opening up a JIRA issue to contain it.