Mike Matrigali wrote:

>ok, then it seems like somehow the network client is not setting the
>right isolation level - rather than isolation level stuff in the server
>not working.
>
>I am not sure what it takes to get tests running against network server
>but the following tests in the embedded server test out a lot of
>different specific locking cases against all 4 isolation levels.  They
>are ij tests, so may not be exercising the same path as your test case
>is using to set the isolation level:
>store/readlocks.sql
>store/updatelocks.sql

To run tests for client you just specify -Dframework=DerbyNetClient

Client sends a SET CURRENT ISOLATION statement with setTransactionIsolation
and that all seems to be working ok for regular connections and is
tested with jdbcapi/setTransactionIsolation.java

Running the repro with derby.drda.debug=true  in the derby.properties
file, you can see that the SET CURRENT ISOLATION statement  flows for
the xa connection too in the test case but somethhing  is going wrong
somewhere, but this seems to be xa specific.  I haven't looked closely
at it though.