Hi David,

My only issue is with the term "Physical Connection".

Connections are logical, not physical. Ethernet cables, adapters, wires, RAM, disk drives are physical. Ports, sockets, connections, database tables and columns are logical.

I really don't like using physical to describe the lowest level of connection. Isn't there another term that conveys the correct information, like Hard Connection, or Socket Connection, Port Connection, or simply Connection?

Craig

Here is an adjusted proposal, taking into account Kathey's *and Dan's* comments :)

[ ] VOTE on toString() format for Derby embedded connections

(a) Physical Connections, Pooled Connections (EmbedConnection, EmbedConnection30, BrokeredConnection, BrokeredConnection30):

Example:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (DATABASE = wombat), (SESSIONID = 1), (DRDAID = null), (XID = 105)

(b) Pooled Connections (EmbedPooledConnection, EmbedXAConnection):

Example: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (ID=2), Physical Connection = [EMAIL PROTECTED] (DATABASE = wombat), (SESSIONID = 1), (DRDAID = null), (XID = 105)

Craig Russell

408 276-5638 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!