Rick Hillegas wrote:

> This sounds like a reasonable plan. By the way, what happened to the
> discussions about having a regular release schedule?

I proposed October because it seemed like a reasonable amount of time to
get some bugs fixed.
I think  in general anyone can propose a release at any time.   If there
is consensus that there should be a release,  someone volunteers to be
release manager,  folks  scramble to finish up, testing and votes ensue,
and we  have a release.

That said,  I think your proposed schedules both sound reasonable and
healthy for the project. It will just take volunteers to  manage those
releases.   So far Andrew has been kind enough to carry the torch, but I
am guessing he's getting tired #:)

A couple of  links of interest on the topic:
DB Guidelines - http://db.apache.org/decisions.html
Sample project guidelines    http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html

Kathey