Øyvind Bakksjø wrote:

> David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>
>> Has somebody other than Narayanan pulled it, built it, and run the tests?
>>
>> David
>

> I always check that stuff builds before committing. As for running the
> tests, we usually consider it sufficient if the contributor has run
> tests without failure and a reviewer approves the patch, don't we?

It's a judgement call by the committer.

If it's a small patch from a regular contributor who has a good history
of providing good patches then most likely the tests need not be run again.

If it's a big patch, risky or from a new contributor then it may be
worth running the tests.

The patch can always be reverted (commit-then-review), you as a
committer have the decide what is risk of causing a disruption by having
 tests fail.

Dan.