On 10/28/05, Daniel John Debrunner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
> So, the question is, I think, does a Derby official release include the
> Eclipse plugins, or are they separate releases? E.g. do we have a Derby
> core release and a Derby Eclipse plug-in release?

I've been including the Eclipse plugins as part of the official
release and posted on the downloads page, since the code for the
plugins lives in the Derby code tree and is straightforward to build,
though the UI plugin build not automated.

I don't think that including the Eclipse plugins in the release is an
absolute requirement, but since the 'core' plugin is already built by
the snapshot target while creating the release archives, it's nice to
the people interested in using the Eclipse plugin to provide it as a
part of the release. And, if for some reason there were issues with
the UI plugin and a working plugin didn't materialize by the time the
rest of the release was ready to go, then I guess it would just have
to wait until the next release.

andrew