I can't find the email, but I could have sworn when I first started that I was referred to the Java coding guidelines at

http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html

If we agree this is as good as any other standard, it would be good to adopt it as our own coding guideline and publish this somewhere...

I do know one key standard: four-space tabs. We seem to be fairly inconsistent about everything else, although that said most of the code is fairly readable.

David

Rick Hillegas wrote:
Hm, let me try this again.

Where would a new contributor go to find Derby/Apache coding guidelines such as our policies around copyright statements and @author tags? I would expect to find a link to these policies under the "Contribute Code or Documentation" section of the Community tab. But I don't see anything relevant there.

begin:vcard
fn:David W Van Couvering
n:Van Couvering;David W
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;Database Technology Group
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Staff Software Engineer
tel;work:510-550-6819
tel;cell:510-684-7281