Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com> writes:

> When I run the following:
>
> ant
> -Dderby.junit.testclass=org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.upgradeTests._Suite
> jacoco-junit-single
>
> I get an internal exception thrown out of the JaCoCo dynamic
> instrumentation runtime (see below).
>
> Does this occur for anyone else? Do you think this indicates a bug
> in JaCoCo (I tried using the latest JaCoCo download from the Eclipse
> web site).

I'm seeing this error too. I haven't studied the details, but I think
JaCoCo gets confused by the upgrade tests using multiple versions of
derby.jar. Notice that the stack trace contains classes like Driver169,
which aren't on trunk, so it looks like the exception happens when the
test is running an old version of Derby.

There may be a way to configure the test runs so that JaCoCo doesn't get
confused by the many versions of derby.jar, but I'm afraid I'm not that
familiar with JaCoCo yet.

In my run, the error doesn't make the test run fail. It only gets
printed to the console. The tests seem to be able to continue, and the
coverage report looks reasonable.

--
Knut Anders