Hi PMC,

Recently the JDO project set up to use svnpubsub to publish our releases. We
have opened this JIRA to track the request:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320 But because JDO is a
sub-project of db, infra would like to have "all or nothing" for svnpubsub.

This technique is easier and less error-prone than the alternative (manually
copying release artifacts to dist/db via scp). The technique is described here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release#upload-ci

The impact on Derby is that as part of the migration, a Derby release manager
(actually anyone with commit privs to derby) will have to copy the release
artifacts to the source svnpubsub repository:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby

Once this is done, infra will synchronize the release/db directory with
Apache's official release directory which is automatically mirrored worldwide.
The downloads page that chooses a mirror will continue to work exactly as
before. There are no other changes to release artifact naming.

To stop mirroring a Derby release, the appropriate directory under
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/derby simply needs to be svn
rm'd. The change will automatically propagate to mirrors.

Please vote to adopt this new release process.

Here's my +1

Craig

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle