On 7/14/14 5:17 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
On 7/14/14 1:58 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
Rick Hillegas<rick.hille...@oracle.com>  writes:

On 7/11/14 11:20 PM, ingemar.ab...@oracle.com wrote:
Java DB testing and reporting infrastructure.

Error nightly trunk (rev 1609717)

There were execution errors and/or timeouts.
There were at least 484 failures.

Test report: http://download.java.net/javadesktop/derby/request_5593747

Any theories about why we're getting security manager errors and
broken upgrade tests on all platforms? I don't think that I can build
a release candidate with the tests in this condition.
At least some of these seem to be caused by the new test for DERBY-6617.
I've posted more details on that issue.
Thanks, Knut. I see that you have checked in a fix for MissingPermissionsTest. I'm hopeful about the continuous test run kicked off by that fix: it has run cleanly on ia32_jdk7, one of the platforms which was showing errors in the nightly tests. The description of your fix sounds as though it affects the upgrade tests as well as MissingPermissionsTest since the fix involves the setup for tests which spawn a new JVM.

If that continuous test run completes cleanly, then I will go ahead and create a 10.11 branch and a release candidate.

Looks like the fix addresses the problems in the upgrade tests. But I see that the tests have completed on another platform (ia32_jdk6) and there's still a problem with MissingPermissionsTest there.