It sounds like this is a vote for "none of the above" -- e.g. let's wait for more submissions, like Brian.

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

Since you are a committer and have a binding vote, could you clarify
what you mean by this? Is it a veto or are you just expressing your
opinion?

No, a veto would be a -1 on something. :) I'm expressing my opinion (I agree with Brian Smith). Perhaps it was confusing since this thread has [VOTE] in the subject.

I have the feeling that the vote we are doing is on whether we want some nice, professionally looking graphics versus some home-made crap. Well of course we want the nice logo. But I think the vote is a bit too much about presentation and too little about content. I'd like to see more hi-res, anti-aliased, professionally looking logos before making a decision. Keeping the Red Hat logo in mind, I'd say "enough with the hats already". :) I think it's too similar, we'll look like "the Red Hat database". Also, what people associate with the word Derby varies: A soccer team, a city in England, horse racing, a hat, more?

But I don't object enough to veto the logo vote. ;)

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway