This method in XmlVTI is causing me a bit of a problem:

    public  boolean next() throws SQLException
    {
        try {
            if ( _rowIdx < 0 ) { readRows(); }

            if ( ++_rowIdx < _rowCount )
            {
                parseRow( _rowIdx );
                return true;
            }
            else { return false; }
        } catch (Throwable t)
        {
            t.printStackTrace( System.out );
            throw new SQLException( t.getMessage() );
        }
    }

Is there a compelling reason why that call to printStackTrace needs to be there?

I am exercising this code in a regression test, and provoking
an exception in it, and the unconditional printStackTrace
makes the test results rather ugly...

What would be the downside if I removed that printStackTrace() call?

thanks,

bryan