Bryan Pendleton wrote:

Thank you very much for the comments. There are some issues here
that I need to study more, and some problems that I need to resolve.
My intuition is that the problems lie more with the tests than with
the changes, but I need to do more work.

For what it's worth, that's my intuition, too--especially since, with your patch applied, all of the issues seem to go away and all of the existing tests run without problem. So hopefully this is just a matter of updating the test cases...

I will let you know when I have updated information for you to consider.

Ok, sounds good.
Army