Thu, 5 Jan 2023 08:26:03 -0800, /Rick Hillegas/:

Happy New Year, Stanimir. I have not looked into this further. I gave up after sinking a fair amount of time into a seemingly plausible solution. The MERGE implementation is unfortunately limited and brittle. It is hard to fix one problem without breaking something else. At this time, I don't have any clever ideas about how to move this issue forward.

Thank you for spending the time to investigate it, nevertheless. I understand it could be an issue that may be nearly impossible to resolve. Wish you and all Derby devs best of luck in the new year!