Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
David W. Van Couvering wrote:
I'm not that attached to it.  Open Source Database is fine with me.
Another option is to just drop the concept of the tag line, I'm not sure
why one is needed. I especially believe that the Derby logo should be
free of any trademark issues, so there is no requirement to have
permission from a third-party to have our own logo.

Another issue with a tag line is that it is English centric. Does the
logo's tag line need to change in Japan, France etc?

Regarding "open source", there's OSI: http://opensource.org/trademarks/

And a google search for "open source trademark" yielded:
http://www.spi-inc.org/news/1998/19981124
http://www.opensource.org/pressreleases/osi-launch.php

I prefer no tag line at all.

 -jean