Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
On 1/31/06, *Kristian Waagan* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Differences in output should be irrelevant. Although not what you
    mentioned above, the issue of (execution) control is very relevant. The
    logic for running the tests multiple times, each time with a different
    setup/environment must be located somewhere. I think Andreas' proposal
    of introducing a separate JUnit test type (see
    http://www.nabble.com/running-JUnit-tests-t887682.html#a2300670) makes
    sense, as it gives us more freedom w.r.t. handling of JUnit tests.

Yes, that proposal made sense to me. I personally like the approach of having a class for various/different configurations. Although that could get out of hand. Does this 'throw away' the work that Rick is doing on DERBY-874?

I think the work currently done on DERBY-874 was mainly to improve the DerbyJUnitTest's JavaDoc, and to log exceptions. So I would not throw that away.

However I do propose to change DerbyJUnitTest to move out everything about configuration into a separate class.

Following Andreas' approach we'd still be able to run the individual tests separately, yes?

Yes - definetly.

Andreas