On 2/2/06, Daniel John Debrunner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Deepa Remesh (JIRA) wrote:
>
> > * Adds derbyTesting.encoding=UTF-16 to encodingTests.properties file. Adds
> > excludes for all jvms except Sun jdk1.5.
>
> What's the reason for not running this test on other JDKs? Seems like it
> would run on JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.4.

When I run any java program using UTF-16 encoding on jdk1.4, it is not
able to read the class file itself. UTF-16 encoding is supported on
this jvm but I get this exception:

C:\deepa\Derby\derby_src\patches\repros>java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-16 Encoding
Exception in thread "main" ■  j a v a . l a n g . N o C l a s s D e f
F o u n d E r r o r :  Encodin

I have not looked into why it is not working on jdk1.4.

I had not tried earlier on jdk 1.3. I just checked now and it works
with jdk 1.3. When it did'nt work with jdk1.4, I assumed it will not
work on previous jdks. I'll check on other jvms and change the
excludes.

Thanks,
Deepa