> In this new patch I have:
>  * changed moveToInsertRow in
> java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/EmbedResultSet.java so that it will
> not create a new blank row each time
>  * changed the sqlState I have added from CANNOT_INSERT_AT_CURRENT_POSITION
> to NOT_POSITIONED_ON_INSERT_ROW
>  * changed the tests so that they will print sqlState and message for all
> exceptions and walk down the SQLException chain
>  * added some more tests
>  * changed the behavior of insertRow when no updateXXX has been called before
> insertRow is called. It now inserts a row with the row's default values.
>
> Can someone please review this patch?

I've reviewed and tested it and found it ok. Although I wish we had a
more elegant way of doing inserts (and deletes and updates) than
creating SQL statements "under the hood".

> I have not updated the canon for updatableResultSet.java under j9_13
> and DerbyNet.

I know it's acceptable to commit without an update for the j9_13
canon, but does the same apply for DerbyNet?

If nobody objects, I'll commit this patch.

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway