From: Mark Kurley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:06 AM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: RE: Derby - sysinfo call hangs

We are running this on AIX.
When the process hangs I try to send "kill -QUIT <pid>" to the process
but it just hangs.  I get an entry in the file /tmp/javacore_locations.
For example it added the entry
        /tmp/javacore45520.1139323327.txt

But this core dump file does not exist.  The process continues to hang
until I send "kill -9 <pid>".   So for some reason it seems like the
process never receives the "kill -QUIT".

Any suggestions on how I can figure out when the call to the "sysinfo"
script hangs sometimes?

Thanks
-mark