I added the new class assuming a new class for similar purpose will be required implementing jdbc 4.0 exceptions for network client.
anurag
David Van Couvering (JIRA) wrote:

[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-983?page=comments#action_12366500 ]
David Van Couvering commented on DERBY-983:

Yes, as I was going home after submitting the last comment I realized I was
mistaken.

I still would like to understand the motivation behind creating a separate
SQLExceptionFactory rather than having the SqlException class provide the
shorthand methods.

David

NetClient JDBC (40) using engine classes

        Key: DERBY-983
    Project: Derby
       Type: Bug
 Components: Network Client
Environment: all
   Reporter: Anurag Shekhar
   Assignee: Anurag Shekhar
Attachments: derby-983.diff

network client has refrence of org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.notImplemented () this will cause class not found exception as this class is not part of client jar