David W. Van Couvering wrote:
Hi, Kristian. I am not sure I understand why you don't just use svn diff to build your patch, rather than posting individual source files or zipping/jarring/tarring/whatevering them up. Is there a reason you don't want to use svn diff? It makes it *very* easy to apply, it's a single file, and has useful information like the svn version you ran the diff against.

If the diff file is too big, you can always zip up the diff file to compress it.

Sorry David, it was just that these were all new files and some of them were already uploaded to Jira as individual files. So my mind short-circuited the svn add and svn diff process, which is of course the proper way of posting a patch for commit (along with a svn status as well).

--
Kristian

David

Kristian Waagan wrote:
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

I had just downloaded v1.tar...I normally work on windows, so I have to do some moving around to different machines to get tar files unraveled. Is it bad to ask for a jar in future?

Sure, I'll use zip (jar) the next time :)

Just to spread the word, tar is easily handled on Windows as well:
UltimateZip - http://www.ultimatezip.com/ (freeware)
WinZip - shareware
PowerArchiver - freeware
7-zip - freeware
Tar for Windows - http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/tar.htm

I want to see if I can use this class to fix DERBY-993, so I'll download v2 and see if I can modify the class to support JSR169 and then modify the SUR* test to see if it works out.

Feel free to add the improvement to DERBY-1122, and also assign yourself if you are currently working on it.

--
Kristian

But I can add that on as a patch afterwards, things look good to me so far. Myrna

[snip]