Jean T. Anderson wrote:

One clarifying procedural note ... voting guidelines for releases are here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

A release requires three binding +1 votes -- db pmc votes are binding
for derby. A -1 expresses an opinion, but can't actually veto a release.
That much said, the community should consider any -1 votes.

Can you point me to where it says that pmc votes are binding for Derby? I see that http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html says "the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes", but according to http://db.apache.org/decisions.html, only committers have binding votes. By my reading, Apache gives precedence to the community rules.

-- Michelle