Sunitha Kambhampati (JIRA) wrote:

[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-216?page=comments#action_12378154 ]
Sunitha Kambhampati commented on DERBY-216:

I remember the last time I ran the largeData with ibm142 a couple months ago, this suite passed OK. Now, I ran the largeData suite with the ibm 1.5 jvm and the largeCodeGen test in embedded mode fails on linux 2.6 kernel, rhel4. There is some discussion on the list about this test failing with client but passes with embedded. I see in the earlier comment - Kathey mentioned that the failed cases (?) (i think ) varies for different jvm to jvm, run to run. -- Has this test ever run successfully before ? -- Is it expected that the test output will vary ? if so, then how do we ensure no regression has happened - is there some way to know that. ? Should this test be enabled as part of largeData ? Thanks.
expand largeCodeGen.java test
-----------------------------

        Key: DERBY-216
    Project: Derby
       Type: Sub-task

 Components: Test
   Reporter: Kathey Marsden

the largeCodeGen test needs to be expanded to include other cases that genreate large amounts of byte code. For example:
    large in clause
    large insert statement that inserts many rows
sql statements with large constant values It is best if the verious tests just use a variable that can be bumped higher and higher for testing and if individual cases are isolated.
Possible approaches, think of ways to make sql statements really big that will
take different code paths.
Look in the code for instances of statementNumHitLimit and create cases that
pass through that code.  Those cases may pass but the hope is to get rid of
these calls in favor of splitting  the code in a centralized way, so add the
tests to largeCodeGen even if they don't fail.

Yes the test passed for me and Raman for the embedded. But no idea about getting different o/p for different jvms.

Thanks
Manjula