Very helpful, thanks Rick.

Rick Hillegas wrote:
I'm not sure I followed this discussion. Forgive me if I'm talking at cross-purposes. I have just synced with the mainline and can verify the following:

o You still need to set "jdk16" in your ant.properties in order to build the JDBC4 support. This is the flag which the build uses to determine whether you want to compile JDBC4 support. This is true regardless of whether JAVA_HOME points at a 1.4, 1.5, or 1.6 installation.

o The usage of this flag is still documented in BUILDING.txt. Search for "jdk16".

Hope I'm not muddling the discussion...
-Rick

David Van Couvering wrote:

Well, something like

"If you are working with JDBC 4.0, you might want to set JAVA_HOME to the JDK 1.6 install location. This is not required but is the preferred way to do a build of Derby that includes classes that require the 1.6 compiler"

Also, when I went through BUILDING.txt, I didn't find the section saying how to set the jdk1.6 location in ant.properties (the "old" way of doing this)

David