Bryan Pendleton (JIRA) wrote:

[ I've been trying to run this test in one of my alternate environments, and I'd like to be able to run the server on a port other than 1527. Unfortunately, when I change the value of ij.database so that it specifies a different port number, the test runs partway, then fails with:

Generally, tests that test on different ports, such as NSInSameJVM start their own network server and set startServer=false.

That said, it might work to put derby.drda.portNumber=<your port> in checkDataSource_derby.properties to get the server to start on the port you want. ij.database would only change the client I think.

Note: The code for starting network server and altering the urls for network server testing is in" org.apache.derby.functionTests.harness.NetServer.java. It has some hard coded references to 1527, but I am not sure if that is a problem if you have the full url specified with ij.database.

Kathey