Did you try reverting your tree to the revision that the patch was made at (svn up -r <revision>), applying the patch, and then going back to the top of the trunk (svn up)? Often that solves the "broken patch" problem.

David

Rick Hillegas (JIRA) wrote:
[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1214?page=comments#action_12412405 ]
Rick Hillegas commented on DERBY-1214:
--------------------------------------

I'm afraid I can't apply this patch. I get the following errors from the patch
tool:

patching file
java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/jdbc/BrokeredPreparedStatement40.java
patching file java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/jdbc/BrokeredConnection40.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 41.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 124.
java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/jdbc/BrokeredConnection40.java.rej
patching file
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/harness/RunList.java
patching file
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/harness/RunTest.java
patching file
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util/TestConfiguration.java
patching file
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util/BaseJDBCTestCase.java

JDBC4 calls in the Brokered* classes need to be forwarded to more capable
classes.

         Key: DERBY-1214
     Project: Derby
        Type: New Feature

  Components: JDBC
    Versions: 10.2.0.0
    Reporter: Rick Hillegas
    Assignee: Anurag Shekhar
 Attachments: derby-1214.diff

Currently, the JDBC4 methods in the Brokered* classes raise
SQLFeatureNotSupported. They should, where appropriate, forward their calls to
more capable classes.