Hi Andrew,

Do you think that Craig's request would be satisifed by executing the maven instructions under Release bullet 19 of the snapshot primer (http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease)?

Hi Craig,

I believe that the maven instructions from our snapshot primer will archive the snapshot Derby jar files to a maven 1 repository. Would this be good enough?

Regards,
-Rick

Craig L Russell wrote:

Hi Rick,

In the JDO project, I define a dependency  on Derby via maven pom:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
            <artifactId>derby</artifactId>
            <version>10.1.1.0</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
            <artifactId>derbytools</artifactId>
            <version>10.1.1.0</version>
        </dependency>

In order for me to test your snapshots, there's a lot of manual stuff to do, downloading the jar, unzipping into a directory, copying the jar files into my local maven repository; and then I get run my scripts to actually test the bits.

Would it be possible for you to post the snapshot bits to a maven repo so I can just point maven at it and automatically get the latest snapshot for testing? We have done this for JDO jars and it works great. We put the JDO release artifacts into e.g. people.apache.org/ ~clr/dist/java-repository/org.apache.jdo/jars/jdo2-api-SNAPSHOT.jar and point maven.remote.repo at people.apache.org/~clr/dist/java- repository.

With the Derby jar files posted in this way, we could contribute more easily to the testing effort.

Thanks,

Craig