Kathey Marsden wrote:

Rick Hillegas wrote:

[ some interesting stuff about performance]

LIKE is going to be a pile of work. I think your LOCALE_MATCHES function will have to duplicate a lot of the code in Derby. At the end of the day, you will replace LIKE with LOCALE_MATCHES and so lose the performance-enhancing query pre-processing which DERBY does for %. Here the weeds have become too thick for me.

So are you saying the answer to the question:
"Is there some easy Java regular expression matching function like String.matches(Collator collator, String pattern, String value)? "

is "No"

Kathey

I don't know. I haven't looked deeply into this. Cursory googling didn't find anything.