Great work, thanks, Dan!

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
I've created a new page on the wiki as a proposed starting point for
developers/contributors/comitters. This would replace the (imho)
somewhat unfriendly bulleted list of un-ordered links that we have
today. The intention is to provide a more readable way to navigate the
links, biased towards getting new developers into the project.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDev

This mostly points to existing content, on the wiki or the web-site, but
the is one major new area.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/HowItWorks

This is meant to allow people to find technical (developer) information
about derby easily. My idea is that all technical documents would be
linked from this set of pages (to keep the pages manageable the main
sections of Derby are broken into individual pages). For example all
functional and design specifications would be linked from here, I filled
in a couple of examples either linking into Jira attachements or wiki
pages (e.g. see http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JdbcDriverLinks ).
Of course this being the wiki I'm hoping that the writers of exsiting
functional specs or writeups etc. would add the links into this
structure themselves.

I think all the links in these new pages are valid, except the one for
incremental development. This is the one I was planning to add to the
wiki but got side-tracked on the re-org when I couldn't find the patch
advice page easily.

I would appreciate any feedback, unless I hear otherwise I will replace
the current bulleted list with just a link to this new layout. I will
leave any links on the front page from the existing list that are not
covered in the re-org.

Thanks,
Dan.