btw, did you try this with Beta2 of Mustang as i would be surprised if this fails as Rick worked with Amit on this earlier.

Lance J. Andersen wrote:
Amit,

Didn't u fix this already?

Please see the attached

Daniel John Debrunner (JIRA) wrote:
JDBC 4 EoD with default QueryObjectGenerator  fails with SecurityManager

                 Key: DERBY-1540
             Project: Derby
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: JDBC
    Affects Versions: 10.2.0.0
            Reporter: Daniel John Debrunner

The test jdbc4/TestQueryObject runs without the security manager because the default QueryObjectGenerator uses reflection. See trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbc4/TestQueryObject_app.properties

Seems like a bug, but not sure of its cause or solution: Could be one (or none) of:

- Make changes in Derby code, e.g. add privilege blocks but don't see how this will solve anything as it's not Derby code that's calling the reflection and I don't see any javadoc comments in JDBC 4.0 about methods throwing SecurityExceptions.

- document the privileges required to use the EoD features, though not sure how we would document the ability to grant a privilege to system (JDK) code. Are these privileges documented in the JDBC spec?

- a bug in the Mustang beta, default query object not being treated as system code, no priv blocks in it?

- a limitation of the default QueryObjectGenerator , cannot use with a security manager?

- a Derby test problem?

This is more of a tracking issue, with a dump of my thoughts.