Craig Russell (JIRA) wrote:

2. The differences in the master blobclob4BLOB.out files shows the
inconsistency of the behaviors quite nicely.
Yes I think analyzing (and eliminating) the master differences for client and embedded would be a great task associated with DERBY-310.

3. It's not clear to me that the test for 0 (which works for the network case)
should be tested here.
Yes I agree. Now that it is a positive case for both drivers it probably should be tested somewhere else.

4. I noticed an unusual comment in clobTest6:
           // 0 or negative position value
                       if (isDerbyNet)
                               System.out.println(" negative tests for
clob.getSubstring won't run  for network server  until 5243 is fixed");
Can you translate this? What's a 5243?
5243 was a  JCC bug with this description.
JCC clob.getSubString() with a zero negative position or length argument gives a string index out of range exception It was marked fixed 3/23/2004 but unfortunately doesn't say exactly what version that was. I don't have access to the JCC bug database anymore, we'd just have to try and see if it is fixed for JCC 2.4 which is what the master is based on.

Kathey