Thanks, Jean. I will stop putting effort into this one.

Regards,
-Rick

Jean T. Anderson wrote:

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
Rick Hillegas wrote:

I don't know. It was suggested last week that we publish the beta to the
mirrors to broaden its exposure. The intention wasn't to claim that it
was GA-ready. I'm trying to figure out what is entailed in publishing a
beta to the Apache mirrors. Has this been done before? Maybe I should
copy the distribution to svn.apache.org rather than www.apache.org? I'm
muddled by the description at http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html.
anything that is put on the asf mirrors must be voted on, approved by
the pmc, signed etc. The asf doesn't require that a distribution be "GA
ready".

Rick, earlier in another thread [1] you wrote:

I don't think that this beta can become a release. It has some serious defects, including the licensing issues. However, those defects do not prevent users from testing the completed features. I'm hoping we will get significant feedback during this beta period so that the next distribution can be a serious release candidate

No, this should not go up on the mirrors.

-jean

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200608.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]