Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

I don't see any value in this, the existing layput looks fine to me.

org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.functionalTests.tests.jdbcapi
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.unitTests.lang
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.systemTests.app1 (future)

(Note: existing layout does not have .junit.)
(sorry copy & paste error)

The value would have been to separate out the junit tests from the other
tests, however I understand it is not prioritized and possibly not worth
the effort.

once they are all JUnit though there is no benefit :-)

Hi,

I still have a question regarding the placement of JUnit tests. I have brought this up before, but got very little response (I did get some, see below).

Do we want to support [unit] testing of package private classes?
The easiest solution to achieve this is to keep a mirrored/separate source tree, where the tests are put into the corresponding Derby production code package (for instance 'org.apache.derby.iapi.types').

Andrew brought up the concern wrt building and distribution. We do not want to include the testing classes in the releases. Further, JAR sealing is causing headaches (unable to distribute the test classes in a separate JAR).

If people have more opinions at this time, I would like to hear them. If not, I'll nag the list again at a later time :)

--
Kristian

Dan.