These changes were put back a while ago and rick made an integration for this into the derby codeline.

There will be one more change to Types.java i believe in order to prevent a collision for a large number of users of a specific database due to their own types colliding with the JDBC constant values.  This is still in works but i expect it for b98 of Java SE 6.

This issue was raised late friday evening and we are still working through it.

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
Hmmmm, so Rick wrote on 8/11:

Build 95 should be the last Mustang version which changes JDBC signatures.

David wrote: (today)

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-rc-b96)

Lance wrote: (today)

There were changes in this area to the DatabaseMetaData and it looks
like this test might not have caught up to it.

So, do we have a new target build number for Mustang where it is
expected (hoped) that the JDBC 4.0 signatures, constants, classes etc.
do not change?

Dan.