On 8/30/06, Andrew McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

They should work, but it looks like another problem with our custom
dita2fo-shell.xsl stylesheet's handling of internal links.

After some investigation, this appears to be a change in how internal
links are handled between the DITA 1.0.1 toolkit that Derby 10.1 uses
and the DITA 1.1.2.1 toolkit that Derby 10.2 uses, in combination with
the custom dita2fo-shell.xsl that we use in place of the
dita2fo-shell.xsl that is a part of the standard DITA toolkit.

With the older toolkit, internal references are correctly linked, but
there is no table of contents or PDF bookmark links, and all xrefs are
resolved in the same way. With the newer toolkit and our custom
dita2fo-shell.xsl, certain xrefs are used to generate the table of
contents and PDF bookmarks so that they link correctly to topic
references, but this causes some xrefs within topics to be replaced
with generated ids instead of retaining the proper reference to the
other file (which really becomes a location in the XSL-FO file). Plus
it appears that there's a problem with DITA 1.1.2.1 that causes the
internal references to be generated incorrectly for XSL-FO.

So, I went through and just changed it so all internal references in
the XSL-FO use the node ids instead of ever generating them, and this
seems to have solved the previous problem (the broken links) in a
different way, while also fixing the other internal links.

It required modifying a few more of the DITA toolkit files. So, I've
jarred up the files that changed. To try the fix, just unjar the jar
file while sitting in the root of your doc tree. The files will expand
into the correct directories.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could try this out and check the
various places links show up in the docs. If I don't hear any
objections, I'll check this in shortly. Note that the final fix will
have a change to copy the additional files that were modified from lib
into the DITA toolkit, as we do with dita2fo-shell.xsl.

andrew