Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
Kristian Waagan wrote:
Hi,

I think it would be a nice habit to give the TestSuite objects reasonable names. It makes the test hierarchy look better in the GUI runners.

A generic/descriptive name could also be added to the suites created by methods in TestConfiguration.

+1 to both, I never knew how those names were used, now it makes sense to give them names.

I added DERBY-1971 for improving TestConfiguration.
I consider an ongoing effort to be initiated to name suites in our existing JUnit tests :)

The most straight-forward approach would be that the developer gives name to the suite, but there are other ways as well. For instance, TestConfiguration could probably force the name to be set to the name of the class from which the suite is created (won't work for all scenarios of course).

As long as the name is more descriptive than [EMAIL PROTECTED], I'm happier...

--
Kristian

Dan.