Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

Just to note, .sql tests can be converted with very little effort by using the ScriptTestCase utility class, see LangScripts for an example of its use in language tests.

I did notice that class and I actually started by trying to use it. But I then ran into the thing you just noted, namely:

If the SQL script has multiple masters or needs its output sed'ed then a pure Junit test is probably better.

Both of these are true for lang/xml_general.sql. I was originally hoping to get just sneak by with the ScripTestCase class, but alas, I ran into the "sed" barrier. I figured it'd be best to go for pure JUnit than to try to work sed into JUnit somehow...

Thanks for quick feedback!
Army