Laura Stewart wrote:
> Well, I sucessfully created a new page off of the Documentation tab.
> It is called "Guidelines".  When I perform "forrest site" it creates
> the page just fine. SUCCESS !

congratulations!

> So, one of the things that I would like to have off of this new page
> are 3 sample files that people can use a templates for the different
> topic types.
> How do I accomplish that?

If you want to include the sample as straight text in an xml source
file, perhaps with surrounding text to explain the dita source, you can
include it inside a CDATA block; there's an example under the third
bullet in the "Add your new page to the seed site" section in this page:

http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html#Add+your+new+page+to+the+seed+site

if this won't work, could you describe more what you'd like to do?

cheers,

 -jean