Dominique Pfister wrote:
I looked at the relevant parts of the derby client driver (version
10.1.3.1) and quickly coded a  solution for large objects exceeding
1MB, using temporary files that are deleted as soon as the blob is no
longer referenced. If there is interest, I could further refine my
solution and submit a patch.

That would be great! We're always looking for more contributors!

I think that this issue may already be logged in JIRA as:

If you agree, you could assign yourself to the item and prepare your
patch proposal as time permits.

If possible, I think it would be preferable to work against a more
recent version of the code, as 10.1.3.1 is somewhat out of date now.

thanks,

bryan