Thank you for your valuable suggestions..!! The (Sun) java Downloads  page
is  showing  that
jdk1.3(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download.html) has completed it's end of
life(EOL) and Even
there is no link for jdk1.3 in archive page..!! So how to install 1.3..!!

                                Thank You

On 3/1/07, John Embretsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ravinder Reddy wrote:
> No , I never tried to build Derby outside of Netbeans..!!. And I
> installed jdk1.5
> 2 months back and I downloaded the Derby Source from the latest Official
> Release..!!

OK, that may explain it... For building Derby, you need to have both JDK
1.3.1
and JDK 1.4.2 installed (actually, JDK 1.5 is not used during the build
process
as far as I know). If you want to build the JDBC 4 functionality you need
JDK 6
as well.

Then you need to specify the paths to these JDK installations in your
ant.properties file, for example:

j14lib=/usr/local/java/jdk1.4/jre/lib
j13lib=/usr/local/java/jdk1.3/jre/lib
jdk16=/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0
proceed=false
sane=true

This and other requirements for building Derby is described in
BUILDING.txt,
referenced in Step 4.VIII on the wiki page you were following. Here is a
direct
link to the 10.2 BUILDING.txt:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/branches/10.2/BUILDING.txt

I hope this helps...