Hi Jeffrey,

From what you have pasted you seem to be running with 1.6. While doing a build of the code base can you check if you have set the jdk16 property in ant.properties file? If you have not done so can you do it and run derbyall again and check if you are getting the failures you have mentioned?

My guess is you have not built with jdk16 variable but are trying to run the tests with 1.6.

Can you please confirm this?

Narayanan

Jeffrey Clary wrote:
I could use some hints getting my basic build/test environment set up.
I am getting the code as documented using "svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk derby" and building
successfully.  I invoke ant all, ant testing, and ant buildjars without
errors.

I'm trying to run the derbyall test suite based on what I read at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/README.htm
?view=co, but I think I still don't have something set up properly.  I
get a lot of test files listed in derbyall_fail.txt (listed at the
bottom of this message).  Derbyall_diff.txt is too long to attach, but I
have clipped the first few lines from it.  It looks like I might be
missing an SQL script and the toursDB demo database is not getting built
properly.

I'm going to go dig into checkToursDB.java when I get a chance, but if
someone can point out something silly I might be missing, it would save
me some time.

Thanks,
Jeff

Here is derbyall_fail.txt:

derbyall/demo/demo.fail:demo/checkToursDB.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/closed.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/grantRevokeDDL2.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/procedureInTrigger.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:lang/releaseCompileLocks.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestConnectionMethods.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestDbMetaData.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestJDBC40Exception.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestPreparedStatementMethods.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/TestResultSetMethods.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadBooting.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadTest.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/VerifySignatures.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbc4/_Suite.junit
derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:upgradeTests/Upgrade_10_1_10_2.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:junitTests/derbyNet/
CompatibilityTest.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestConnection
Methods.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestPreparedSt
atementMethods.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/TestResultSetM
ethods.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadBootin
g.junit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/AutoloadTest.j
unit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/VerifySignatur
es.junit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:jdbc4/_Suite.junit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/NSinSameJVM.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/checkSecMgr.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testProperties.ja
va
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/procedure.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/importExport.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:tools/ieptests.sql
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.j
ava

Here are the first few lines of derbyall_diff.txt:

********* Diff file derbyall/demo/demo/checkToursDB.diff
*** Start: checkToursDB jdk1.6.0 demo:demo 2007-03-23 11:08:35 ***
1 del
< CONNECTION0* -     jdbc:derby:toursDB
2 del
< * = current connection
3 del
< ij> -- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or
more
4 del
< -- contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed
with
5 del
< -- this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
6 del
< -- The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version
2.0
7 del
< -- (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
with
8 del
< -- the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
9 del
< --
10 del
< --     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
11 del
< --
12 del
< -- Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
13 del
< -- distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
14 del
< -- WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
15 del
< -- See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
16 del
< -- limitations under the License.
17 del
< CREATE TABLE AIRLINES
18 del
<    (
19 del
<       AIRLINE CHAR(2) NOT NULL ,
20 del
<       AIRLINE_FULL VARCHAR(24),
21 del
<       BASIC_RATE DOUBLE PRECISION,
22 del
<       DISTANCE_DISCOUNT DOUBLE PRECISION,
23 del
<       BUSINESS_LEVEL_FACTOR DOUBLE PRECISION,
24 del
<       FIRSTCLASS_LEVEL_FACTOR DOUBLE PRECISION,
25 del
<       ECONOMY_SEATS INTEGER,
26 del
<       BUSINESS_SEATS INTEGER,
27 del
<       FIRSTCLASS_SEATS INTEGER
28 del
<    );
29 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
30 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE AIRLINES
31 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT AIRLINES_PK Primary Key (
32 del
<       AIRLINE);
33 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
34 del
< ij> -- \************************************************************\
35 del
< CREATE TABLE COUNTRIES
36 del
<    (
37 del
<       COUNTRY VARCHAR(26) NOT NULL,
38 del
<       COUNTRY_ISO_CODE CHAR(2) NOT NULL ,
39 del
<       REGION VARCHAR(26)
40 del
<    );
41 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
42 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE COUNTRIES
43 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT COUNTRIES_PK Primary Key (
44 del
<       COUNTRY_ISO_CODE);
45 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
46 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE COUNTRIES
47 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT COUNTRIES_UNQ_NM Unique (
48 del
<       COUNTRY);
49 del
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
50 del
< ij> ALTER TABLE COUNTRIES
51 del
<    ADD CONSTRAINT COUNTRIES_UC
52 del
<    CHECK (country_ISO_code = upper(country_ISO_code) );