OK, thanks.

Luigi Lauro wrote:

On 27 Mar 2007, at 20:01, David Van Couvering wrote:

- Don't you need to close any open files on shutdown? This highlights my ignorance of this area of the code...

I noticed now the 'on shutdown'.

Regarding persistent entities, no, I don't need to close anything, since I don't really 'open' anything at all. I create/delete persistent entities (which are self-contained operations and don't leave anything open) and I hand Input/Output streams when I get requested for them. The caller getting the InputStream/OutputStream will have to flush/close it after usage, but that's its duty not mine.

Regarding shutdown cleaning, I was doubtful if I had to do something (like deleting all the temporary files for example), but by asking here and by checking the other implementations it seems not: no need to do anything on shutdown in my case since I don't really have anything 'open' during operations.