Army wrote On 04/05/07 20:56,:

Rick Hillegas wrote:

I have downloaded xalan 2.7.0 (that seems to be the latest release available from the xalan site). I copied the four jar files mentioned by Bryan into the jre/lib/ext directory of my JDK 1.4. This did slightly change the output of the environmental report created by org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck. Unfortunately, that report still says that my xalan version is 2.4.1. Here's the output of "java org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck". Still puzzled. Thanks.

If you're using Sun JDK 1.4 then there is an embedded version of Xalan that is version 2.4.1.

You are correct. I did a "jar -tvf jre/lib/rt.jar | grep xalan" on jdk 1.4 rt.jar and I did indeed find related files. I did not check their version though.

Narayanan