What about requiring jdk1.5 or higher for both building and running
for the next release made off of trunk?
/mikem

Rick Hillegas wrote:
I would like to start writing Derby code which makes use of Java 5 features. More specifically:

1) I would like to take advantage of the Java 5 extensions for ease-of-use and stronger type checking.

2) I would like to be able to write regression tests which verify that user-written Java 5 code runs correctly as Derby functions and procedures.

Would anyone object to our requiring that developers use a Java 5 or later compiler to build Derby? I believe that we would still require the presence of the 1.4 libraries and the expectation would continue to be that the compiler must compile down to 1.4 classes.