> pursue a solution where the Network Server tracks the parameter
> input streams and drains them after execution if they have not
> been drained by the execution of the statement.  Does that sound
> like the right approach?

Yes, that sounds plausible to me. I vaguely recall discussions of
such an algorithm during the LOB locator development, so there may
in fact be such code in the client, but it's not working for some
reason or another.

As I type this in, I realize that I'm fuzzy on whether this
drain processing would be trigger by the server or by the client.
Does the server have enough context to know when the client is
done with one statement and moving on to the next?

thanks,

bryan