Kathey Marsden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I java/testing/org/apache/derby/build.xml we have the comment:
>                <!-- Fix this to use the Java SE 5 classpath -->
>                <pathelement path="${java16compile.classpath}"/>
>
> but it uses java16compile.classpath. I found that this causes my build
> to fail  using IBM 1.6 jdk. Is there any reason not to change it to
> use ${java15compile.classpath} ?

Hi Kathey,

The only reason is that it doesn't exist yet, unless you build with
Rick's new fancy property setter. If you want to use
java15compile.classpath in build.xml, you'll need to update
tools/ant/properties/compilepath.properties and add a note in
BUILDING.txt saying that one has to set the j15lib variable in
ant.properties (and additionally java15compile.classpath for IBM's SDK,
I think). Please also send a heads-up to the list so that people don't
get surprised because they haven't updated their build environment.

--
Knut Anders