Jazarine Jamal wrote:
Hi Dan..
What I actually am trying to do is to get an object's type..i.e. is it a table, view or synonym..

Hello,

I'm still a little bit confused. Are you in JDBC-code, or are you modifying Derby's source code?

If you are using JDBC to access a database and need to know the type of something, I think the various metadata calls, as specified by the JDBC standard, is the correct way to get what you want.

If you are modifying Derby's source code (writing your own extension, changing behavior or similar), then I think you'll have to give more details before anyone can help you in a good way.

regards,
--
Kristian

Thanks..
On 1/21/08, *Daniel John Debrunner* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Jazarine Jamal wrote:

     > I have got the Connection object in the function that i need. I
    want to
     > if its possible to get the activation object related to the current
     > connection.

    What are you trying to achieve here? Maybe there's some alternate
    solution that doesn't require the LCC, but it's hard to help unless
    it's
    known what problem you want to solve.

    Dan.