Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
misconception. Apparently "ant junit-all" runs some tests that are not run by "junit suites.All", and I also think "junit suites.All" runs some tests that are not run by "ant junit-all".

I, too, thought these ran the same tests. Do you have a list of the
test differences between the two runs?

Also, I have been routinely using "ant junitreport"; which set of tests
is that running?

Does this help?

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTopLevelJunitTests

That page claims junit-all runs all the tests that are included in suites.All (and more), so I think
  org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.demo._Suite.suite()
and
  org.apache.derbyTesting.unitTests.junit._Suite.suite()
should be added to junit-all to keep it in synch with suites.All.

Would it be a good idea for junit-all to just run suites.All directly instead of the different subsuites? This way they would always be in synch.

Is the definition of top-level suite or test on this page that there is an ant target to run it in build.xml? If so is the case, maybe it makes sense to add a column for "included in suites.All" as well to that page. This way it might be easier to see how junit-all and suites-all fit together.

Vemund