Andrew McIntyre wrote:
On Feb 13, 2008 2:45 PM, Rick Hillegas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just downloaded junit 4.4. It comes with a BSD license. I notice that
we don't check junit.jar into our codeline  however. Is the BSD license
incompatible with Apache 2.0? I am not a lawyer, but it seems that we
would satisfy the conditions of the junit license if we included a
copyright notice and disclaimer in our NOTICE file.

Other opinions?

If we don't redistribute it in any of our release artifacts,

If it's checked into svn then be definition it is in our release artifacts since our source release is a snapshot of the source tree.

I don't
believe there's a need to add any notice. There are plenty of examples
of other projects that have checked junit.jar into the repository, and
do not give notice in their NOTICES file. See, e.g.:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xerces/java/trunk/tools/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk/lib/

Not sure that's correct, the proposed policy indicates an entry in the NOTICE file is required.

and notice in Xerces's case that they include the license along the jar.

There is a proposed apache policy on 3rd party licences at:

http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html
(there may be a newer version)

Dan.